|International Open Access Week |
The International Open Access Week is being celebrated from 24th – 30th October 2016: Theme “Open in Action”.
Kenyatta University Library like any other Academic and research Library will be celebrating the International Open Access week with the following Library Open week activities from 25th to 27th October 2016.
- Workshop on Self-Archiving of Publications by Staff and Postgraduate students on Tuesday, 25th October 2016 at KUCC.
- Library exhibition on 26th and 27th outside the Library parking area.
- Video /infomercial on Open Access in collaboration with KUTV/INASP
- Official opening ceremony of the Library Open Week on Wednesday 26th October 2016 at 9.30am. Our Ag. Vice Chancellor Prof. Paul Wainaina will grace the occasion.
- Keynote speaker will be Prof. Joseph Kiplang’at DVC (Admin) Technical University of Kenya (TUK).
- Exhibition by publishers and booksellers on 26th and 27th October 2016.
You are all welcome for the opening ceremony and the Exhibition
Link to information on potential, possible or probable Predatory scholarly open-access publishers. You may also want
to get more inforamtion on the criteria used for determining predatory open-access publishers. Visit the blog on critical analysis of scholarly open-access publishing.
The views expressed in the above links represent the personal opinions of the author (Jeffrey Beall) and not the position of Kenyatta University.
|Maktaba Awards [Library of the Year] 2016|
Kenyatta University Post Modern Library has been Awarded a Certificate of Excellence in the Academic Libraries Category at the 7th edition of the Maktaba Awards Competition Gala held on Friday, 30th September 2016 attaining Position 1.
The awards recognize excellence in the provision of Library and Information services in Kenya. The highlights include the following areas:
- Currency, diversity, and relevance of the library collection.
- Innovation and creativity in service provision.
- Application of modern technologies in library services.
- Collection, preservation and dissemination of local content and indigenous knowledge.
- Service to the local community.
|Sabinet African ePublications|
Access Sabinet ePublications with the most wide-ranging, searchable collection of full-text, electronic African Journal Archive (Open Access) which include:
- Business and Finance Collection
- Education Collection
- Labour Collection
- Law Collection
- Medicine and Health Collection
- Religion Collection
- Science, Technology and Agriculture Collection
- Social Sciences and Humanities Collection
- African Journal Archive (Open Access)